Lee County Library--Librarian Position
Lee County Library seeks a motivated, self-directed, and results-oriented Librarian. Lee County Library is a four branch public library system with Leesburg Library, Oakland Library, Redbone Library, Smithville Library, and the Bindery at Oakland Event and Conference Venue.
Position Overview: The Librarian position supports and provides library services to meet the informational, educational, and recreational needs of the Lee County community. The position will be responsible for staff supervision, acquisitions, records, reports, and programs. The position may be working across all four library locations in a fast-paced environment as well as part of the Bindery at Oakland Event Venue management team. An ideal candidate for this position has two years of experience working within a public library, excellent customer service skills, and an energetic personality capable of working with all individuals of all ages and abilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising staff, recommending new hires; training, assigning, scheduling, and evaluating work; counseling, disciplining, and recommending termination
- Participating in all phases of collection development
- Management of a department, branch, or activity
- Compiling statistics and preparing reports
- Participating in program and services planning and implementation
- Assisting with special programs or events
- Participating in outreach to civic groups and community organizations
- Maintaining and upgrading computer and Internet equipment, servers and services
- Supervising and performing all circulation and front desk duties
- Hold a Masters in Library Science from an institution accredited by the American Library Association
- Hold a Grade 5-B certification from the Georgia State Board for the Certification of Librarians or the ability to hold within two months of employment
- Hold a valid Georgia driver’s license or the ability to hold within two months of employment
- Two years professional public library experience, preferred
Salary Information: $52,893 annually
Position is eligible for State Health Benefits Plan and Georgia Teacher's Retirement System and VL/SL.
Applications, resume, and three professional references should be sent to: or delivered in person to Oakland Library located at 445 Oakland Parkway, W. Leesburg, Georgia 31763.
Application Link: Click Here
Position is open until filled.
Information about Lee County, GA can be found here: